1. What is OPP?
- Modular development of code
- Reusability of code.
- Improved reliability and flexibility
- Increased understanding of code.
2. What is Encapsulation?
- Allows objects to hide internal characteristics and behavior. Each object provides a number of methods which can be accessed by other object and change its internal data.
- Three modifiers, each offering different access rights
- - i. Public
- - ii. Private
- - iii. Protected
3. What is Polymorphism
- The ability to present the same interface for differing underlying datatypes. A polymorphic type is a type whose operations can also be applied to values of some other type.
4. What is Inheritance
- Provides an object with the ability to acquire the fields and methods of another class, called a base class. Provides reusability of code without modifying it.
5. What is Abstraction?
- A process of separating ideas from specific instances and developing classes based on their own functionality instead of their implementation details.
- The abstraction technique aims to separate the implementation details of a class from its behavior.
6. What are the differences between Abstraction and Encapsulation?
- Abstraction and encapsulation are complementary
- Abstraction focuses on behavior of an object
- Encapsulation focuses on implementation of an objects behavior.
7. What is a JVM
- A virtual machine that can execute Java bytecode
8. What does a static keyword mean?
- The static keyword denotes that a member variable or method can be accessed without requiring and instantiation of the class it belongs too.